Symantec pcAnywhere 12.0 Host & Remote
Enables simple, secure connection to remote devices.
Simplifies working across multiple platforms.
Connects to Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X based hosts from these (plus Pocket PC) remote systems.
Ensures high security with encryption and password protection.
Remotely accesses pcAnywhere hosts through firewalls and routers.
- Host Invitation feature allows end users to establish a reverse (outbound) connection to the helpdesk without knowing IP addresses.
- Mac OS X host support enables management of Mac OS X computers from any pcAnywhere remote system.
- Gateway functionality makes it easier for remote users to access the pcAnywhere hosts they need.
- Single Session Manager combines pcAnywhere Manager and all active sessions into one tabbed window view.
- Allows Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Pocket PC remote systems to connect to Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X hosts.
- Connection wizard guides new users through their initial client-host connection.
- Powerful file-transfer capabilities allow users to upload and download files across different platforms.
- Mandatory password protection and login encryption help ensure that only authorized users can access a pcAnywhere host.
- Uses FIPS 140-2 validated encryption up to AES 256-bit.
- Bandwidth Auto-Detect automatically maximizes pcAnywhere performance for each type of connection.
- Remote Management tools provide direct access to vital operating system utilities (such as Command Prompt, Task Manager, and Services) on the host system.